Sign up for our FREE Seller’s Newsletter
Selling a home can sometimes be an overwhelming experience, but with the right tools and knowledge combined with a well-planned marketing strategy – not to mention the guidance of a knowledgeable professional – you’ll be able to sell your home quickly and at an ideal price point.
In case you’re new to the whole home-selling process, here are a few great tips you should keep in mind:
- Take a close look at your home before you try to sell it. Go through each room and every area around the property and take note of all the things that may need replacing or fixing. Do this a couple of months before you sell your home, to give you enough time to cover all bases.
- Hire a Realtor you can trust, one that you know is very experienced when it comes to selling homes in your area. A good Realtor will have plenty of contacts and resources and will look out for your best interests at the negotiation table. In addition, they can also help you with the necessary legwork and paperwork.
- Renovation is a fantastic idea and it can help increase your home’s value. Make a list of the potential renovations for your home, and go for the ones that will give you a favorable cost-to-benefit ratio.
- Pricing is one of the most important factors in selling a home. Try to remain objective when setting a price for your home, and be sure to look at other similar properties in your area, so you can be able to come up with a competitive price. Your Realtor will be able to assist with comparable properties.
- Having plenty of patience is key to a successful negotiation. Be ready to go through a series of back-and-forth negotiations between you and a prospective homebuyer. Selling a home might be a long process, but with the proper mindset and planning, you’ll be able to get it done without a hitch. Be sure to consult your Realtor.
Here are a few additional helpful tips to keep in mind when selling your home:
- 17 simple things to make your home more marketable
- Carpets in need of a tune-up? Try these ideas
- Is now a good time to sell your house?
- Landscaping- Little touches make the difference
- Selling your home? Less is definitely more
- Staging your home to sell
- Why many affluent sellers trust their listings to
MEMBERS of THE INSTITUTE FOR LUXURY HOME MARKETING®