Located around 35 miles southwest of Houston, Rosenberg was named after Henry Rosenberg, a Swiss migrant who became the first president of the Gulf, Colorado, and Santa Fe Railway. The city lies within the borders of the Mexican land grant of Stephen Austin, and the area was a busy shipping point along the Brazos River during the 1830s.
A community proud of its rich history, Rosenberg offers an outstanding quality of life and is perfect for families, with its many fun-filled festivals and events, fantastic local shops and restaurants, and a wide array of leisure activities. It’s an ideal environment for business owners as well; the city boasts a superb transportation infrastructure, a business-friendly government, plenty of undeveloped land, and a dynamic and affordable workforce.
- Rosenberg is known as “The Hub of the Gulf Coast.”
- It covers a total area of nearly 30 square miles.
- The city has a current population of more than 35,000 permanent residents.
- Houston Hobby, Bush Intercontinental Airport, and the Sugar Land Regional Airport are all a short drive away from Rosenberg.
- Schools in Rosenberg are served by the award-winning Lamar Consolidated Independent School District.
- Colleges in the area include the Texas State Technical College and Wharton County Junior College. Other nearby colleges are University of Houston, Texas Southern University, Rice University, and Prairie View A&M.
- Plenty of activities can be enjoyed in Historic Downtown Rosenberg, the only state-designated cultural district in Fort Bend County.
- Brazos Bend State Park, considered one of the best state parks in Texas, is located just south of Rosenberg.
Rosenberg TX Real Estate
There are plenty of fantastic homes available if you’re looking to relocate to Rosenberg. Choices include:
- Comfortable two to three-bedroom bungalows on charming tree-lined streets.
- Beautiful Mediterranean homes with spacious master suites and luxurious features.
- Spacious five-bedroom homes with breathtaking lakeside views.
If you’d rather build your dream home from the ground up, plenty of vacant land is available around the area.