A small agricultural community when it was established in the 1800s, Fulshear was named after Churchill Fulshear, one of Stephen Austin’s Old Three Hundred. Incorporated in 1977, Fulshear saw its population steadily increase (especially during the 2000s), due to the city’s close proximity to Houston.
Fulshear is characterized by its many scenic open spaces. The area is defined by grassy meadows, gently sloping pastures with towering hardwood trees, and tranquil river vistas along the Brazos River. The city offers the slow pace of a relaxed, country lifestyle all while being minutes away from shopping areas, restaurants, and entertainment venues.
- Fulshear encompasses a total area of more than 8 square miles, and has a current population of approximately 2,000 permanent residents.
- It is a short drive away from Houston, Katy, and Sugar Land.
- Most schools in Fulshear are under the Lamar Consolidated Independent School District (Lamar CISD), while some are within Katy Independent School District (Katy ISD).
- Airports close to Fulshear are the George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) and the William P. Hobby Airport (Hobby), both of which are located in Houston.
- Plenty of arts and cultural events can be enjoyed in downtown Fulshear. Arts Fulshear offers many art classes both for kids and adults, and hosts the annual Fulshear Art Walk.
- Citywide events in Fulshear include St. Patrick’s Day Festival, Freedom Fest, and the Festival of Lights.
- Keep Fulshear Beautiful is a non-profit organization made up of volunteers who aim to help keep the city clean and provide assistance to senior residents. The group organizes citywide clean-ups twice each year.
Fulshear TX Real Estate
Many excellent properties are available for sale or rent in Fulshear, most of which boast extraordinary views. Choices range from:
- Charming two to six-bedroom homes are available
- Beautiful two-story brick and stone stucco homes
- Expansive lakefront estates with luxurious features
Planning to build your very own dream home from the ground up? Fulshear has plenty of vacant land and lots as well.