Sign up for our FREE Buyer’s Newsletter
Are you new to the whole home-buying process? Buying a home is a very big decision, and you need to be armed with the right information so you can be sure that you’re making the best decisions no matter where you are in the process.
Real Estate Agent Jonathan McNabb and Real Estate Agent Sherry McNabb’s services are completely FREE to you as the buyer. An agent who is representing a buyer, receives his/her commission from the seller/seller’s agent.
Want to stay informed of what homes are on the market? We set our clients up in a system that notifies them within 15 minutes of a new property that has been listed when it meets their criteria. We will also keep them informed when the properties move from an Active to an Inactive (Pending, Pending Continuing to Show, and Sold) status. See Stay Informed.
Here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind when buying a home, which should lead you to the very doorstep of your new home:
- Before you decide to look for a home, make sure your finances are in order. Make an estimate of all the expenses that come with purchasing a home, and create a detailed breakdown. This will give you a better ability to budget accordingly, and will increase your chances of finding the ideal home.
- One of the best moves you can make is to hire an experienced real estate agent who is trustworthy, and will be able to represent your best interests during negotiations. The perfect agent is one who also knows the area very well – a Realtor like Jonathan McNabb is an expert when it comes to West Houston real estate.
- Home buyers should always have their own agent to protect their interests. Buyer agents work to negotiate the best terms and price for the buyer. Best of all, having a real estate agent like Jonathan McNabb or Sherry McNabb as your buyer’s agent is completely FREE to you as the buyer. There is a misconception that buyer’s agents are expensive. The truth is that only the seller pays the commission to both the seller’s agent and the buyer’s agent. Whether a buyer uses an agent or not, the seller still pays the full commission that he agreed upon in his listing agreement.
- Create a list of the must-have features and details you’re looking for in a home, and then arrange the items from “most important” to “least important.” This will help you narrow down the list of potential homes, and give you a clearer picture of your options.
- Choose the right community. Browse websites, ask residents, drive around town and get all the information you can about the different communities you would like to consider moving to. The home you’re eying might be perfect, but does it belong to a community that’s right for you? Your Realtor is also an excellent source.
- Be sure to consider each step carefully before proceeding. Weigh your options, consult your agent, and more importantly, don’t rush! Take all the time you need – you don’t want to make any poor, hasty decisions you might regret later on.
Here are a few additional helpful tips to keep in mind when looking at buying a home:
- How I work on your behalf
- A home inspection is well worth the cost
- Four ways to fix bad credit
- Homeowners insurance- 7 tips for Texans
- How to secure home financing the smart way
- Is Now a Good Time To Buy a House in Texas
- Questions buyers should ask a mortgage lender
- Seven tips for homebuyers
- Welcome to Texas!
- When checking out a house, leave your emotions at home
- Why many affluent homebuyers turn to MEMBERS of THE INSTITUTE FOR LUXURY HOME MARKETING®